A blog about cycling...especially the long distance stuff

Tuesday 5 November 2019

Sydney to Brisbane - Trip Summary and Info

A quick reference guide here for anyone planning similar cycling adventures in Australia.

This was my 4th tour in this country, and just about the shortest as well as the most populated I've ridden through. So, it is the worst for traffic, but the easiest for distances between supply points and services.

As well as riding interstate for this tour, I had an additional goal of completing the Great Cycle Challenge Australia for which I needed to ride 2000km in October in order to raise money for the Kids Cancer Charity. I ended up on 2080km in October which was on about day 4 of this tour.


Gear

I rode a Giant Contend, the same bike I commute with. I was not camping on this trip so really just carrying ample tools, food, water, rain jacket, sunblock,electronics and a few basic clothes. In November its already very warm in this area.
'Bianca' in Bikepacking mode

Key links:

https://www.willyweather.com.au/ - Great Wind Forecasts


My Sydney to Brisbane Ride Summary:

The route I followed was similar to that on https://www.nswcoastcycle.com


Totals (includes cycling across southern Sydney, and GPS ran out of power twice)


  • Total Distance: 1097 km
  • Elevation Gain: 6516m
  • Ride Days: 9.5
  • Rest Days: 1


My Other Australian Tours:




For other tours see:

Adelaide to Melbourne  Total Distance: 1,040 km, Total Elevation Gain: 3792m
Melbourne to Sydney  Total Distance: 1255 km, Total Elevation Gain: 10289m
Perth to Adelaide  Total Distance: 3562 km, Total Elevation Gain: 12371m


1 comment: