A blog about cycling...especially the long distance stuff

Saturday 9 June 2012

Day 4 Ludlow to Wigan

Travel tales to a minimum today. The reason(s) I'm riding from one end the country to other are try to do something to help out some people who have been less fortunate in recent times than I have. Whilst I'm swanning around on my bike, others are dealing with a less open view of the world, either from the after effects of a severe stroke, or from mental illness.

So a big thank you to the many people who have contributed to these causes so far - you are making a difference! I see a few more donations have come in since I started and I;m really very grateful for the support too...

Anyway, in brief: I pushed on another 100 miles today, up from Ludlow through some really pretty country



And past this inflatable 16th century house in Shrewsbury


Hitting the 100 mile target at Wigan, with actually pretty easy going compared to previous days

The easy day is a relief, because tomorrow its time to go crazy on the milage. Its also the biggest hill...gulp...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you made it out of Wales without needing a canoe (or rescue helicopter)!

    ReplyDelete